Melts are among our favorite sandwiches, whether grilled or baked in the oven. The warm bread! The filling toppings! The gooey magnificence of the cheese! Okay, we'll end here. Our top 15 melt recipes are self-explanatory.



1.Cheesy Tuna Melts

"These were surprisingly tasty and simple to make!" "I made sure to chop my celery very finely so my kids wouldn't fuss," Nichole explains. "I think I'll experiment with different types of cheese in the future." There was nothing wrong with the Cheddar, but I think provolone or even pepperjack would be a pleasant change from time to time. What a great quick fix for a hectic weeknight!"

2.Chicken Fajita Melts

"These cheesy chicken sandwich melts have all the flavor of fajitas but without the drippy mess!" —laughingmagpie

3.Chef John's Monte Cristo Benedict

"If you're reading reviews to decide whether or not to make this, just do it." This is something I do frequently. This is an excellent breakfast. "I've substituted smoked Gouda for the Cheddar on occasion, which I really enjoy," Ben Nesbitt says.

4.Classic Patty Melt

You can't call something a classic unless it deserves it, and this patty melt most emphatically does. Warm beef, soft onions, salty cheese – it's straightforward, basic, and timeless.

5.Mini Reubens

"I adore the traditional Reuben sandwich, but these appetizers are even better!" Because there is less bread, you can taste the other flavors more clearly. They're also healthier because they're broiled rather than grilled with loads of butter." — Cassandra

6.Vegetarian Open Faced Sandwich

Between pesto and cheese, this savory veggie melt combines sliced tomatoes, onions, eggplant, bell pepper, and mushrooms.

7.Best Tuna Melt (New Jersey Diner Style)

"This is the best tuna melt he's ever had, according to my husband." And I don't know anyone who like tuna melts as much as he does, so I was blown away!" Amanda 1982

8.California Melt

"It's so delicious!" I made this for lunch today and was so eager to eat it that I completely forgot about the mushrooms. I'll add them next time, and I'm confident it'll be much better. "I loved the crunch of the almonds," adds Julie Fegler.

9.Olive Cheese Melts

"Sensational," Laurie exclaims. "I used green olives instead of black olives, as some others did." When using green olives, I think I'd skip the salt entirely. This was delicious!"

10.The Munroe Melt

"Now this is what I call a sandwich," Jillian exclaims. "This is perfect for a quick weeknight meal when you don't have time to cook or just don't feel like it."

11.Tuna Panini Melt

This creamy Tuna Panini Melt has a mild tang from the sourdough bread and balsamic vinegar in the tuna salad.

12.The Hot Brown

"Not your average hot turkey sandwich, the Hot Brown was invented at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky to absorb the bourbon that guests would enjoy well into the night," recipe developer Chef John writes. The Hot Brown is a variation on the classic Welsh rarebit that commonly includes ham, tomatoes, and pimentos under a layer of browned cheese.

13.Classic Cuban Midnight (Medianoche) Sandwich

"This is one of the more famous sandwiches straight out of the island of Cuba," recipe developer Pretty Pink Bullets says. "This recipe was given to me by my uncle, who used to work at a restaurant in Pinar del Rio, Cuba, and now works at a Cuban cafeteria in Miami." This sandwich is finest accompanied by fried plantain chips and a chilled mamey milkshake!"

14.Sriracha Quinoa Burger Melt

This black bean-and-quinoa burger is meatless and melty, with a sriracha kick of spice and fire. However, the ooey-gooey Emmentaler cheese topping helps to balance it out.

15.Shrimp Melt

This melt recipe asks for English muffins, but pieces of bread would work just as well. Provolone softens the fiery sharpness, while Old Bay gives a tongue-tingling flavor.